Perhaps more paradigms have shifted and conventions been shaken by this format than any other. Related Papers. Why Publish with Palgrave. By Sara Crowley Vigneau.
The Way Things Go
Why Publish With Us!. By Josephine Taylor. Why Publish with Palgrave? By Ben Doyle.
David Mamet - Ira B Nadel - Häftad () | Bokus
Why Publish with Palgrave Macmillan. By Brigitte Shull. Why publish with Palgrave Macmillan? By Julia Willan.
Download pdf. Remember me on this computer.
- David Mamet.
- Zebulons Guide to Frontier Space (Star Frontiers Accesory SFAC3).
- Create an account.
- Modernism's Second Act - A Cultural Narrative hardcover.
- Professor Ira Nadel.
- Cellular Automata: 12th International Conference on Cellular Automata for Research and Industry, ACRI 2016, Fez, Morocco, September 5-8, 2016. Proceedings.
Enter the email address you signed up with and we'll email you a reset link. Need an account?
Modernism’s Second Act: A Cultural Narrative
Click here to sign up. Aaron Jaffe is concerned less with a humanist story of such things—offering anthropomorphizing narratives about recouping the items we use—as he is with the seemingly inscrutable, inhuman capacities of things for coarticulation and coherence.
- The Way Things Go!
- Children as Philosophers: Learning Through Enquiry and Dialogue in the Primary Classroom.
- The Old Testament in the Jewish church : twelve lectures on Biblical criticism.
- Bibliographic Information.
- Fueling the Gilded Age: Railroads, Miners, and Disorder in Pennsylvania Coal Country (Culture, Labor, History Series);
He examines the tension between this inscrutability on the one hand, and the ways things seem ready-made for understanding on the other hand, by means of exposition, thing-and-word-play, conceptual art, essayism, autopoesis, and prop comedy. Among other novelties and detritus, T he Way Things Go delves into books, can openers, roller skates, fat, felt, soap, joy buzzers, hobbyhorses, felt erasers, sleds, magic rabbits, and urinals.
- Shame and Modernity in Britain: 1890 to the Present.
- Modernism’s Second Act: A Cultural Narrative | I. Nadel | Palgrave Macmillan?
- Main menu additional?
But it stands apart from the recent flood of thing-talk, rebuking the romantic tendencies caught up in the pathetic nature of debris defining the conversation. Jaffe demonstrates that literary criticism is the one mode of analysis that can unpack the many things that, at first glance, seem so nonliterary. He is the author of Modernism and the Culture of Celebrity. Instead of a monograph, we are left with a refreshing hybrid of scholarship, speculative criticism, and reeling proclamation to which it will be a pleasure to return.
Is The Way Things Go a book that one should read from A to Z, as an old-fashioned book--one of the many objects that were once new and now almost forgotten? Yes, for there is an exceptional drive that makes this work a page-turner. University of Minnesota Press Coming soon. Home Current Catalogs Blog.
An Essay on the Matter of Second Modernism
View Cart Checkout. Search Site only in current section. Advanced Search…. Author: Aaron Jaffe. That rare modernist book: erudite, innovative, thought provoking, and playful. A page-turner.
Quirky yet surprisingly gripping. Related Publications The Poetry of the Possible Spontaneity, Modernism, and the Multitude The abstractions of modernism reimagined as figurations of collective self-organization.